Friday, October 15, 2010

To Create

My inspiration for starting this blog comes from a life-long dream to decorate cakes! Even as a little girl, I went through a phase expressing my desire to be a cake decorator when I grew up. Well, realizing that it wasn't all too practical, I put my dream on hold. Now, I wish to start off this blog with my inspiration to start this dream--for real.





This video is one that I saw in my interior design class in Winter of 2010. It gave me hope and the realization that I could do it. What a beautiful blessing it is to be able to create! So, I hope to teach you what I learn along the way of starting my cake decorating skills.

I am so stoked about this. My plan is to:

Start off with just decorating with frosting (got to start small)
Add to my supplies and start fondant cakes
Grow in my understanding and become better!

Who knows, maybe even eventually, I will sell my cakes! I've got to remember baby steps! I am looking forward to the joy of watching my talents grow and to create something new. I may decide to do other creative things and post them here too, but for now I am planning on the majority of my posts to be about cake decorating. And I hope you all will enjoy the journey with me!

1 comment: